When the snow flies...
During snowy or icy winter weather conditions, your Kitsap Transit routed bus may deviate from its normal route and operate a Snow Route instead.
Buses with Snow Routes are listed below. Please select the route number to view the details for the Snow Route. If your bus is placed on Snow Route, the route will be highlighted in YELLOW. If conditions on a route make it unsafe to operate, that route will be cancelled and it will be highlighted in RED.
|SK Ride||BI Ride|
Unless Limited Snow Service is operating or bus service is suspended, the following routes should operate their normal routes in winter conditions:
#11 Crosstown Limited
#12 Silverdale West
#17 Silverdale East
#22 Gateway Express
#34 Bangor Shuttle
#85 Mullenix Express
Foot Ferry Snow Service
Snow won't stop the Foot Ferry, but high winds and ice may. On the rare chance that Foot Ferry service is impacted by the weather, we'll let you know here.
Worker/Driver Snow Service
Worker/Driver buses generally operate in snowy weather. Many buses operate a modified route or may run late. Current riders can ask their driver for information on route and time modifications before bad weather hits. New riders can call Customer Service for snow information.
Riders are also encouraged to check their military base website for information about delays or closures. Worker/Driver buses will operate around the schedule of the base.
ACCESS Snow Service
Registered ACCESS service riders should call 1.800.422.2877 or check here for service interruptions or suspension due to adverse weather conditions.
If service is suspended for safety reasons, ACCESS may still be available for emergency services such as trips to critical medical appointments or to pick up prescriptions, groceries and food bank items. ACCESS will make every effort to provide service to registered riders who notify us that their trips are essential. Please note, however, that ACCESS staff will make the final decision regarding whether a trip can be provided safely.
Vanpool Snow Service
Vanpool riders should contact their drivers for possible snow route modifications.
Tips for the Cold & Snow
• If your road is clear, do not assume that it is clear everywhere. Your destination may be snowy and your bus could be on a Snow Route.
• If you live on a street that is lightly travelled, or if traffic isn’t moving safely on your street, walk to a bus stop on a main arterial where traffic is moving.
• If your stop is on a hill, please walk to a stop on flat ground.
• When tow trucks, plows, sanders or abandoned vehicles are blocking a portion of the street near your stop, walk to the nearest stop on a clear street.
• Give yourself plenty of time to get to the bus stop in the snow. Your bus may be late during inclement weather, so dress warmly and please be patient.
• When you see the bus, step back from the curb onto the sidewalk or grass. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before approaching the door.
• The floor of the bus or Foot Ferry may be slippery. Please use caution.
• Buses may run late in the snow. Please anticipate that it may take longer for friends and loved ones to make it home on the bus.